Fancy a little wild boar?

IMG_2016 This is Osteria Del  Cinghiale Bianco, the restaurant in the Oltrarno district in Florence where we ate before heading over to the Arno to take pictures. It looks like so many other restaurants throughout the area.  When we got there, we were very early by Italian standards – around 6:00pm.  They grudgingly gave us a seat, even though we didn’t have reservations.  Evidently this place isn’t all that easy to get into during the high tourist season. The early seating was full of tourists who are unable to wait until 10pm for dinner with the locals.  When we left, there was a line down the street to get in.   Maybe eating early wasn’t such a bad thing.

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Food, Italy

Author:italy...and me

Beth Beeman lives and writes from the beach city of San Clemente, California. She is interested in food, genealogy, wine and all things Italian. www.italyandme.com

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

9 Comments on “Fancy a little wild boar?”

1. June 25, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Eating early is never a bad thing. I have never eaten boar. All I know is that the animals are more than imposing.

Also – how in the world is it that I only now discovered you have a website? Good grief, where the heck have I been? It is great!

• June 25, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

Hi Adri!!! So you discovered me :) love that …. and thank you!

2. June 25, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

I love this blog! I can’t wait to read more.

Thanks,

Guy Humeniuk

3. June 26, 2013 at 10:47 am #

I’ve had the same early dining experiences in Italy, it may be packed with tourists, but at least you’ll get a seat! This place looks adorable, wish I had known about it for when I was n Florence :)

4. June 28, 2013 at 7:34 am #

I ate there in 2010! It was fantastic, and yes, I did have the wild boar!

5. September 25, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

One of my favorite restaurants in Florence!

6. December 5, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

Yes please!!! Boar is delicious.
    I sometimes go for dinner early – the Italians think we’re nuts. I reckon sometimes they cannot figure out if it is an early dinner or a late lunch!